Welcome to By Heart and Hand's Blog...We are located in the Nashville area but work throughout the middle Tennessee area and are available for travel to other locations. We are a boutique style photography company that specializes in wedding photography as well as individual and family portaiture. If you like this little sampling of our work, please check out our website at http://www.byheartandhandphotography.com/.

We absolutely LOVE what we do! It is awesome to be able to share the excitement that accompanies such a happy time in people's lives. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your wedding or special event with you and see if we are a good fit. There are so many great photographers in the area that if for some reason we are unavailable or not a great fit, we are always happy to offer you a referral to some of our trusted friends! If you like what you see, shoot me an e-mail (info@byheartandhand.com) or give me a call (615-260-3093) and we can meet for coffee to chat!

Have a fabulous day!

Nashville Lawn and Garden Show and Wedding Florals

Today after church, my husband and I went with my parents to the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show.  I love walking throught the gardens and looking at all the over the top outside oasis spots that I long for creating here on our farm.  I had serious longing for some of those outsdoor spaces which also made me long for Spring already!  I know we have not had it as hard in the Nashville area as many other areas of the country have, but as we have a Winter Weather Warning and are expecting an ice storm tonight and 1-3 inches of snow (which is A LOT of snow for TN) tomorrow, I am seriously over winter and longing for warmer weather, budding flowers, and green grass!  I love Spring around our farm, because everything that looks so dead and sad all winter starts to come alive.  The whole place just looks happier!
 
One thing I love about weddings is seeing all the beautiful floral arrangements!  There were some doozies at the Lawn and Garden show today.  One of my favorite parts is walking down the blackened hallway and looking at the couple dozen huge arrangements by local florists, many of whom I have worked with on weddings! 
 
Longing for warmer weather, I look forward to seeing daffodils, tulips, and hydrangeas soon! 
 
 
Daffodils mean spring to me.  Tulips and hydrangeas are actually my favorites (I even carried a simple tulip bouquet at my own wedding). 
 
I actually am in need of some landscaping at my home because there wasn't much around when we moved here.  Last year we poured a sidewalk and a couple of outdoor concrete patios and planted a bunch of fruit trees but didn't do too much else.  Hopefully, I can get some landscaping done this year.  One beautiful thing I did inherit when we purchased our farm just outside of Spring Hill, TN is a grouping of hydrangea bushes right outside my mud room door.  They were gorgeous last year but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures...crazy, right?!?  One thing I love is being able to cut the blooms and share with family and friends.  I believe in spreading the love.  That got me thinking about a  wedding I did forever ago about 4 years ago.  I remember it because the flowers were gorgeous but simple and understated (and used some of my faves).  They utilized hydrangeas and succulents (I also LOVE succulents)...it was simple but pretty...understated and elegant.
 
 
 

The larger tables had the hydrangeas and succulents and candles (all of which I love) in these gorgeous wooden boxes.  I loved the rustic of the wooden boxes and the simplicity of the clear glass.  I have aways remembered those wooden boxes because I remember thinking that I needed to make some planters like that for my house (this wedding was about 4 years ago and I still haven't made any planters, but I swear I have good intentions about making them)!
 
www.byheartandhand.com
 
Here are a couple of the bridemaid bouquets that  the used on the cake table.  As I said this wedding happened in 2010 so I wouldn't guarantee but I believe the florals for this wedding were done by Belles Fleurs.  They are awesome so if you are in need of a florist in the Nashville area, definitely check them out!

 

www.byheartandhand.com

 
www.byheartandhand.com
 

This wedding took place at Two Rivers Mansion in Nashville and whenever possible, I always like to give credit where credit is due and plug other vendors.  If you would like more information on renting Two Rivers Mansion for your event, you can check them out here:  Info on Two Rivers Mansion in Nashville


www.byheartandhand.com

Until next time, friends...have a fabulous day!

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright By Heart and Hand - 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.