Welcome to By Heart and Hand's Blog...We are located in the Nashville area but work throughout the middle Tennessee area and are available for travel to other locations. We are a boutique style photography company that specializes in wedding photography as well as individual and family portaiture. If you like this little sampling of our work, please check out our website at http://www.byheartandhandphotography.com/.

We absolutely LOVE what we do! It is awesome to be able to share the excitement that accompanies such a happy time in people's lives. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your wedding or special event with you and see if we are a good fit. There are so many great photographers in the area that if for some reason we are unavailable or not a great fit, we are always happy to offer you a referral to some of our trusted friends! If you like what you see, shoot me an e-mail (info@byheartandhand.com) or give me a call (615-260-3093) and we can meet for coffee to chat!

Have a fabulous day!

Tia and Adam's Scarritt Bennett Wedding and University Club Reception Part 1 of 2

Blast from the past...a few years ago I worked Tia and Adam's wedding at Scarritt Bennett's GORGEOUS Wightman Chapel with a reception following at University Club of Nashville.  Scarritt Bennett's Wightman Chapel is stunning...really if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.  I am a sucker for architecture and historic buildings and the Gothic architecture of Wightman Chapel is one of my favorite types!  Here is some information for you straight off of the Scarritt Bennett website:

"Built in 1928, this architectural treasure is on the National Historic Register. The chapel will seat approximately 300 and is the site of several special worship services each year. With its stunning gothic architecture and a 90-foot center aisle, this sacred chapel is one of Nashville's most popular wedding venues."

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com

For more details, check it out here:  http://www.scarrittbennett.org/weddings/default.aspx

The bride and groom put a lot of thought into decor at their reception.  The table numbers were different pictures of the couple...so sweet!

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com
 
 
I loved these copper chafing dishes.  The mashed potato bar was a HUGE hit at the reception!

www.byheartandhand.com

The BEAUTIFUL cake was made by none other than Dulce Desserts!  Brides, if you have not checked out Dulce Desserts, they are a MUST TRY!  I attend A LOT of weddings (as a photographer) and although I am always offered wedding cake, I almost never partake...not that I am so uber healthy that I won't touch cake.  Don't get me wrong, I love some dessert, especially all things chocolate, but honestly I prefer cookies, brownies, pie, almost anything really to cake.  It just isn't my thing so I don't bother with it.  However, if you hire me to photograph your wedding and you have a Dulce cake, you better save me a piece!  Juanita Lane, the owner of Dulce is super sweet and helpful.  I highly recommend you make an appointment to meet with Dulce at their retail location in mid-town Nashville!  There are lots of pretty wedding cakes being made in Nashville, but not all of them taste fabulous and Dulce cakes taste FABULOUS!

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com

www.byheartandhand.com


www.byheartandhand.com


Yum...now I am hungry for some Dulce cake!  In my next posting, I'll share some aspects of the super fun reception!  Make it a fabulous day!


Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright By Heart and Hand - 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.